Sunday, January 30, 2011

Happy Birthday, Matt!

January is always a busy month with Connor's birthday and then Matt's birthday at the end of the month! Last night we were able to go out and enjoy a good time with friends to celebrate.  (Connor had a sleepover at Gigi and Big Daddy's)

We started with dinner at El Porton and I have to say the drinks were much better than the food.


Then we headed to Fox and Hound, however both side rooms were already rented out so we had to come up with a plan B because it was packed.  Plan B quickly turned into going to the Salty Dog, which none of us had been to.  I didn't have high expectations, but thought oh well it's better than nothing.  I have to say I was pleasantly surprised at how much fun we had!  They had an awesome band and then a great DJ.  We definitely stayed out past our normal bedtime of 10 and paid the price today. The music was so loud, my ears were ringing until noon today!








Matt had to work for a few hours this morning and then he was able to relax for the rest of the afternoon.  I decided that I would cook pork tenderloin, mashed potatoes, and asparagus (something I have been craving all week).  Then we had a carrot cake for dessert, Matt's favorite. 

Connor was very eager to help, so I let him snap the asparagus (I had already cut what I needed)

It almost looked like he was praying for a piece of cake


Can you see the excitement?!

Of course he had to help blow out the candles...I hope he doesn't expect to do this on a weekly basis!


Happy 27th Birthday
We LOVE you!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment