Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow Day

Most of the kids in the South had a Snow Day today and I'm sure they couldn't have been more excited.  We usually have 2-3 "snow days" each year, but this time it was truly a SNOW DAY!  Memphis ended up with about 4 inches and it looked so pretty.

I remember when I was in school, I would anxiously wait to hear if we were going to have a snow day.  Now I dread the possibility of a snow day! When the schools are closed, Connor's school is closed (which adds a whole new dimension to a snow day). 

Not only do I have to find a sitter for him, I have to pack up everything for the day, drive across the city and hope I end up at work on time.  But Connor's excitement over the snow this morning made up for all of those worries and concerns.   It was like Christmas morning all over again! He just kept saying "Snow mama! Snow Mama!".

Connor had to have his 'bite' (which is a Pop Tart) while we went out into the snow

Then he fell down, but don't worry he saved his 'bite'!

He wasn't happy that there was snow on it

When Matt came home, it was time for Connor to try out the sled

He did really well!


All in all, we had a wonderful snow day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment