Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Baby #2 {19 Weeks}

Today I had my official gender ultrasound and anatomy scan at my doctor's office.  I told her ahead of time that we were going to a local place to find out on the weekend, but this would be 100% confirmation that I was still having a boy. 

The appointments always start with the dreaded weight check and so far this pregnancy I have gained 7 pounds.  I have to say, some days it feels like 20 pounds but I was happy with my number.  Next, I waited and waited and waited.  Apparently newborns were dictating her schedule that afternoon!

The anatomy scan went really well. We are for sure still having a boy and the baby had no problem letting us know. The heart was working great and he has 10 tiny fingers and 10 tiny toes.  However, what's not so tiny is the baby in general.  The doctor said he's measuring a week ahead of schedule and we know the due date is not incorrect.

So with that being said, I've been put on sugar/carbohydrate "diet".  She told me to enjoy the holiday, but not to over indulge in the sweets.  To be honest, it's not the sweets I'm concerned about.  I have a love for all things pasta and rice, so this little "diet" is going to be rough for me!

(19 weeks 3 days)

The profile looks exactly like Connor and I'm starting to prepare myself for another Matt mini me.  My next doctor's appointment is for the beginning of December.  I really can't believe how fast this pregnancy is going!

No comments:

Post a Comment