Saturday, March 31, 2012

Trip To The Zoo

This past weekend, Caroline and I took Connor to the zoo.  We had this trip planned for several weeks and we were keeping our fingers crossed that the weather would be nice.  We got there right when the zoo opened and I was surprised at how many other people had the same idea.  We had two main agendas for the day, see the dinosaur exhibit and feed the giraffes.


The cat house is always my favorite

Connor's favorite this time was the elephants.

 
 

The giraffes were SO CUTE!  I remember when I was younger, I feed the giraffes at the zoo (can't remember where we were leaving at the time, I just remember the experience)

This was our giraffe, Stacey

For each feeding that you bought, you got 3 pieces of lettuce.  And then each piece of lettuce you broke into smaller pieces.
 
 

Isn't she so cute???
 

Next up was the dinosaurs and Connor was completely freaked out!  I thought he might like them since he watches Dino Dan on Nick Jr, but that was not the case.
 

This one spits water as you walk by

This is really the closest Connor would get and there was no chance of getting him out of the stroller

I have to admit, if I were his age, some of these dinosaurs would be pretty scary

Notice Connor's legs, he put them as far away from the dinosaur as possible
 
 
All in all, we had a terrific morning at the zoo!  By the time we left, the place was packed and it was starting to heat up for the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment