Monday, March 5, 2012

Weekend Recap

This past weekend was the first weekend Matt's been off work in a couple of months. Friday night we went out to dinner for sushi and then went home to relax.  Saturday morning Connor and I met Gigi at Starbucks and then ran a few errands before heading to the movies with Garner.

A couple of weeks ago, I asked Amber if Garner would like to go see The Lorax movie.  I was secretly hoping that she would say yes.  I really wanted to see it with Connor, but I also needed a good role model to go with us because our last movie experience was spent going to the restroom 500 times! The movie was very cute and we'll definitely be adding it to our DVD collection.

After the movie we headed home and waited for Ryan and Sarah to come over.  We all went out to dinner at The Butcher Shop and then headed next door to the Show Place Arena for the dirt bike races.  Matt used to race dirt bikes and I think there's times he wishes he still had something fast to ride! I wasn't sure how Connor was going to do because of the noise, but he absolutely LOVED it!  He sat still for the entire 3 hours that we were there and just watched the bikes go round and round.  Of course by the time we left, Connor was begging us for a "bicycle".  I'm not sure who would be more excited about getting Connor a dirt bike, Matt or Connor!

Not only are the kids competitive, but the dads get extremely competitive!



Then on Sunday we ran errands and did a little bit of shopping.  Connor found a new friend while we were at Old Navy.  At first I saw him talking and "petting" the dog and then I turned around to find this...

To be honest this would be the perfect type of dog for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment