Wednesday, February 16, 2011

One For The Memory Books

Connor's potty training has had it's ups and downs, but I'm very proud of how well he is doing.  He still has accidents and we definitely have some days that are better than others.

This past weekend Connor gave us a memory for the books!  I'm that mom that asks every 10 minutes "Connor do you have to potty?". After a few times of Connor saying "no" he starts to get irritated and finally says "Mommy, NO potty!".  Bless his heart, I know I annoy him to no end, but I'm just trying to make sure he doesn't have an accident.

On Saturday morning, I was working on the computer and Matt was in the shower.  Connor was running around the house in his PJ shirt and undies (no pants, it's what he prefers these days).  All of a sudden he stopped to focus on the TV.  I asked if he had to potty and he of course said no (because the Fresh Beats were on).  Then I told him that he better not potty in his pants because big boys potty on the potty, not in their pants. 

The next thing I know is that I'm looking up from my computer and Connor is pulling his undies off.  Then he proceeds to go #2 on THE FLOOR!  I could not believe my eyes and then he handed me his undies.  Apparently he was really listening when I said "No potty in your pants". 

After everything was cleaned up, I explained to him that we don't potty in our pants and we don't potty on the floor.  At least he saved me from an extra piece of laundry!

No comments:

Post a Comment