Thursday, July 30, 2009

Pitiful Baby Connor

Since I've become a new mom, I've also become a worrier. I mainly just worry about things that pertain to Connor, but Wednesday really put me to the test. Connor was sent home from daycare Tuesday afternoon because of a fever. I honestly thought they were making it up because this isn't the first time he's been sent home with "fever". But this time it was true!

Tuesday night was a rough night for me, because I am so used to him sleeping all night long. That is definitely not the case when he is sick :( Wednesday morning rolled around and I could not even get out of bed because I was so tired. Not to mention that I couldn't send him to Big Daddy's and Gigi's if he felt bad, he really needed his mommy. For most of the day he ran a fever of about 101 and I finally called the doctor. They fit us in right away and we were in and out of the office in 30 minutes (thanks to the new pediatrician). She said that it was a viral infection and it was just going to have to run it's course. So we went home and all he wanted to do was cuddle, he was so pitiful and so cute at the same time.

Today he got to spend time with Big Daddy and have a boys day. For those of you who have child who go to daycare the worst thing is fever, because that is an automatic extra day out. Thank goodness we have family close by to help us out!

Here's a picture of Connor after he finished his applesauce and blueberries for dinner (I felt so bad for him that I didn't make him eat his vegetables for the day). He has a wet paper towel on his head because it was just burning up! Matt said I was horrible for taking a picture of him when he felt so bad, but these are memories. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment