Sunday, August 8, 2010

Road trip & Playroom

The older I get, the quicker the weekends seem to fly by! On Saturday, Caroline and I took a girls road trip to Aliceville, Alabama.  We went to visit Jodie before she has baby Mason (she is due in about 5 weeks).  We had a wonderful lunch at Mugshots in Starkville and I have to say their hamburgers are to die for!  After lunch we headed to Jodie's house to see ALL of Mason's baby gear. 

Mason's room was so warm and inviting, Jodie has done an amazing job getting ready for his arrival.  Caroline and I helped Jodie by hanging some curtains in his room.  (Let me just say it's probably a good thing our husbands weren't there because we probably wouldn't have been doing it right by their standards.)  We had a wonderful visit and it was great to see Jodie so happy and glowing!  Now we can't wait to meet Mason and spoil him rotten. 

Today I woke up in one of those moods where I was on a mission to get things done around the house.  I made blueberry muffins for the boys and then I started organizing.  Matt and I cleaned the bonus room upstairs and rearranged the furniture a little bit.  Then I had the brillant idea of moving Connor's playroom from the current location of the dining room up to the bonus room.  He never plays with the toys in the dining room so I figured what the heck at least they'll be out of the way.

Connor absolutely LOVES his new playroom!  You would have thought it was Christmas morning when we let him loose up there.  It was definitely a win win situation, I have my dining room back and he has his very own playroom.  Needless to say, I am exhausted now and feel as though I didn't have a weekend!

As you can see, he has already demolished the place!

So many toys he doesn't know which one to play with, what a life!

A grown up dining room with a hint of toddler!

I took the leaf out of the table to give us a little more room and to make sure a certain someone didn't knock himself out.

And because we were so busy this weekend, I didn't get one picture of Connor...I know I'm a horrible mom! So here's one from our way home from school last week

His teacher, Ms. Lauren, loves to do his hair.

Off to another work week...hope you have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment