Sunday, January 31, 2010

Connor can't catch a break

Connor has had a horrible last 2 weeks and just can't seem to catch a break! He had an ear infection 2 weeks ago which we treated with antibiotics.  Then he went for his 12 month check up and the doctor checked his ears and now the other one was infected.  Since he was almost done with the antibiotic, the doctor decided to give him a Rocephin shot (this was on top of the 3 check up shots he already had to get).  She told me to bring him back in a couple days to make sure the infection was gone and of course it wasn't.  Connor went to the doctor Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday and he had to get a Rocephin shot each day. 

Since it snowed/iced Friday afternoon we didn't do much, which ended up being a good idea.  Connor had been cranky all day so I thought it was the ear infection.  Later that night, Connor started pucking and then I remembered...on Thursday when I picked Connor up for daycare the teacher mentioned something about a couple of the kids having the stomach virus. Sure enough that is exactly what Connor had! I felt so bad for him, I would have rather had it myself than him have to go through that. 

Well I'm not sure if Matt had that same thought, but his wish was granted today.  So currently I am taking care of two baby boys and I am just praying that I do not get it.  Connor was still feeling pretty bad today to the point that he doesn't even want to eat (definitely not him).  I'm going to see how he is in the morning, but he may be taking another trip to the doctor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment