Thursday, May 14, 2009

Long time without an update

Well for those of you who have been anxiously awaiting an update on baby Connor, I apologize. I really don't know where the time has gone! Everyone has finally recovered from their illnesses and I hope we all don't get sick at the same time again. Connor has started to cut his two bottom teeth and the drool is non stop. Bless his heart, Matt and I went to Babies R Us to get him some teething toys to help ease the pain. However, since he is so young (most babies don't get teeth until 6 months) the toys were too big for his little mouth. I think he has just started to realize that the pain isn't going away so he is just dealing with it.

Connor has become quite the social butterfly in the last couple of weeks! With everyone getting married, we have had wedding showers for the past 3 weekends. Good thing that Connor doesn't mind being passed around, otherwise we would have a very expensive babysitting bill! However, I do have to thank the grandmas in Memphis because they have been very helpful with Connor. Especially on those days when Colleen couldn't babysit and the nights when Matt and I just need a break. We are extremely lucky to have family close by and enjoy seeing Connor getting to know them.

Besides the teeth, not much has changed with Connor. He now weighs about 14.5 pounds and is starting to display his personality in full force. I do have to thank the Jones men for all the patience that has been passed down to Connor! (and if you know any of them, you know there isn't much patience) Connor is starting to get to the point where he is bored with just laying around. I think he really wants to be running around like a mad little man, which kind of scares me for what is going to come (I may be that parent with their child on a leash, J/K). He is so close to rolling over and you can definitely feel him trying to pull himself forward. And on top of all that he has started to sleep in his bassinet, which was a very big accomplish for him because of his acid reflux. This weekend he is going to make the BIG move upstairs :( (So I will let you know how he does, I'm almost more worried about me)

I promise that the next post won't be far away! Connor goes for his 4 month check up next Friday, so I will be sure to give everyone his new stats. Here are a few new pictures that will surely brighten your day!


See what I mean about the drooling situation???



Definitely in deep thought about something!



Robbie from work got Connor the cutest socks ever! As everyone knows we have always called Connor our little man, so when Robbie saw these socks he said he couldn't pass them by. The socks look like tennis shoes and they even have real laces at the top. However, the best part is on the bottom of the feet. One foot says "Little" and the other says "Man". Thanks to Robbie (and Rachel's mom's store)!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment