Sunday, August 23, 2009

First Word!

Well this weekend was jam packed with events. It started right after work on Friday afternoon with a football game. My niece is in on Houston's varsity pom squad, so we went to support her on their first home game. I have to say that I felt really old around all of those high school kids. It was Connor's first football game and first time to be in a HUGE crowd. His favorite part of the game was half time when the band played, he's legs just kicked with excitement!


Here's Connor with Aunt Stephanie...Stephanie was selling shirts and other stuff for the pom squad, so Connor thought that he could add a little something extra to her selling technique. As soon as I took the picture he spit up his entire dinner on the shirt she was selling. (I can't this child anywhere!)

Saturday I had a hair appointment, which was desperately needed. Thankfully Matt got home about 1 that morning from Oklahoma, so he was able to stay home with Connor. Then when I got back we ran errands as a family and finally found some tennis shoes for Matt. Chase and Cassie came over Saturday night to grill out and watch the race.

Sunday we had our last church class plus the baptism class for Connor. I have to say that is was a very emotional last class, because everyone has to tell their story on how they came to the decision of joining the church. When we got back to the house, Matt went to the farm and Connor and I enjoyed a nice long nap on the couch. Except somehow Connor was on the big couch and I was on the little couch!

Moving onto the biggest news of the weekend...Connor's first word!!!! I said something to Matt on Saturday that I thought the first word was going to be Dada because I kept hearing him say da. Well sure enough that night he got it together and my jaw dropped! He gets on a roll and all you hear is dada dada dada dada... I foresee a big change in our near future, no more silence!

No comments:

Post a Comment