Thursday, February 24, 2011

Severe Weather

Tonight Memphis had a line of strong thunderstorms roll through.  All day the weather people had been talking about the possibility of tornadoes and then word spread that the tornado chasers were downtown (along with The Weather Channel).  None of that news sat well with me!

Dave Brown is always so calm and informative

My main goal was to make it home with Connor before it started raining, which was a success.  The tornado sirens started going off around 6:30 (perfect timing for bedtime) and continued for about 45 minutes.  I haven't always been scared of storms, but last summer a tornado hit about a mile from the house.  Plus I have someone else to worry about too.  So I cleared the closet out for Connor and I (Matt was still at work, so he had to fend for himself). 

While I was cleaning the closet, Connor was checking the flashlights to make sure everything was working probably.  As my dad said, he's definitely my little helper (sometimes too helpful)!

Our neighbors were probably wondering what was going on...it looked like we were having a light show in the bedroom! 


Just checking to see how bright it was


The little things are the most entertaining to him!

I'm happy to report that we didn't have any damage, not even a flicker of electricity.  Unfortunately I can't say the same for the rest of the neighborhood, the front half doesn't have power.  Now things are quiet and I'm hoping the rain continues so I'll have a good night's sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment