Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Swimming & the Car Wash

This past weekend Connor finally had the chance to try out his fins!  He hasn't really been swimming in a pool, only in the bath tub.  I was a little anxious to see how he would act, just because it was either going to be good or bad.

We drove up to Covington (an hour away) to meet Aunt Cici at her house.  It was the first time I have seen the house since they moved in.  Last time I saw it, I was helping paint the walls.  She has done a wonderful job and the house is so cute!  Then we drove to Bebe and Pops farm (Caroline's grandparents), which was only about 10 minutes away. 

The farm is so much fun and it is every boys dream place!  They have a house with a pool and ALL the toys you could think of (for the little kids and the big kids).  Caroline's Aunt Laurie (who has 5 boys and I have no idea how she does it!) and cousin (Bo) came out while were there. Connor loves watching big kids and Bo (who is 6) was so entertaining for him.  Connor had absolutely no fear of the water and he was like a little fish!

I know he doesn't have on a swimsuit, but what can I say...it was almost too hot to be swimming

Aunt CiCi and Connor

They were watching Bo do tricks in the water

These were the only swimming pictures I got because I quickly learned that swimming with a toddler is more stressful than it is relaxing.  Thankfully Caroline and Laurie were good about taking him off my hands for a little bit!

By the time we got home from swimming, we were in desperate need of a nap.  We both took a quick nap and then got ready for Yaya's house.  Matt and I were finally able to go out to eat with Chase and Cassie while Connor spent the night at Yaya's.  Once again he enjoyed her southern cooking and the fact that she caters to his every need/want.

Who wouldn't love a bath in the kitchen sink?!

I'm sure he is thinking "this is the life!"

On the way home from Yaya's on Sunday, Connor and I stopped in at the car wash.  I was a little nervous that he was going to freak out, but he loved it! 

At first he was a little unsure about what was going on

If you think about it, the car wash is really a scary place for a toddler

But before long, he was loving it!

We had a great weekend! I managed to catch a head cold which hasn't been much fun, hopefully I'll be all better by the time Caroline and I take our road trip to Aliceville, Alabama!

No comments:

Post a Comment