Monday, August 19, 2013

It's official...I'm a soccer mom!

I'm so excited for Connor and his opportunity to play soccer at Hope.  Back when I was off on maternity leave, I started looking for sports that Connor could be enrolled in (age wise).  I wanted him to have something that was all about him so that he wouldn't feel like Walker was always the center of attention.

The practices and games are on Sunday afternoons for an hour.  I really like the idea that it was only once a week and it was on the weekend.  Our schedule right now with the two boys is hectic enough, I couldn't imagine throwing in multiple practices after work during the week.  Connor is on the yellow team with Coach Conner.

The first practice was in the gym due to thunderstorms rolling through.  Thank goodness for the director's big heart and high level of patience, because corralling 50 4-5 year olds takes a very special person!

The second practice was outside on the soccer field.  Connor was excited to wear his new cleats and use his new water bottle (the one like the professional football players have, the smallest things mean so much to him).  I on the other was not prepared at all.  We had our chairs and I had a bottle for Walker, but I did not plan for sitting in direct sunlight for an hour.  Thankfully I had a huge umbrella in the car and we used that for shade for Walker.  We will buying a huge sports umbrella ASAP!

It so cute watching the kids practice.  First their attention span is all of 2 minutes and second they all huddle around the ball like a pack (you'll never wonder where the ball is, just look for the kids grouped together).  So far Connor's really enjoying it and I'm excited for the games to start!

 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment