Thursday, September 29, 2011

Healing {one day at a time}

A week ago I had surgery to remove an ovarian cyst. I had surgery done in May 2010 for the same thing, however this surgery was much more in depth. Since the size of the cyst was rather large, my doctor had to preform a csection. I completely under estimated the pain and recovery time. Surgery was at noon and I didn't get discharged from the hospital until 1 pm on Saturday.

Once I got home, I was in a lot of pain. Getting into our tall bed was awful, I dreaded having to get up to use the restroom. Basically for the last week, I've been doing nothing but laying around. Matt has become the chef, nanny, housekeeper, and nurse for the past week. I think it's been an eye opening experience for him, especially having to deal with Connor 100% of the time. Today is the first day that I've felt somewhat like myself. My follow up is next Tuesday and I hope to get a good report. I know I have a few more weeks of healing, but I'm looking forward to getting back to our normal life!

This should go without saying, but we couldn't have made it this week without the help of our family...thanks!

1 comment: