Tuesday, March 22, 2011

And it begins...

Up until today, parenthood hasn't been that hard.  Yes it has been exhausting (physically and mentally), a test of our patience, and most of all very rewarding.  However, today was a day where I felt a bit of failure. 

Here is my conversation with Connor in the hallway at school (after reading a LONG note on the back of his daily paper).

Me: Did you listen today?

C: No. (at least he didn't lie!)

Me: Did you hit your friend today?

C: Yes.

Me: Which friend?

C: Madison.

Me: You need to listen to Ms. Brittany and we DO NOT hit anyone. Do you understand?

C: Yes (with a quivering lip)

He was reminded of how he needs to act at school several times tonight.  I'm hoping tomorrow is a better day and I'm hoping he makes better choices.  Parenthood is truly the hardest job out there! (And I've only has this job for 2 years)

No comments:

Post a Comment