Friday, September 17, 2010

Two Week Recap

We are still around, don't worry...We have just been extremely busy with life, so let me catch you up!

Labor Day weekend was nice and long for me, but Matt wasn't so lucky.  He's been really busy with a rush job at the shop and worked long hours along with weekends.  The BIG news from Labor Day weekend was Jodie had baby Mason on Friday, September 3.  He weighed 7 lbs 6 oz and is absolutely precious!  It's hard to remember Connor being that little.  Of course I had a to make a little trip to see Mason and luckily Grannie was able to watch Connor. 

So sweet...

I could just kiss him all day!

Proud Mama
(if you're thinking Mason has a great tan, he actually had a bad case of jondis...thankfully he's doing much better now!)

We also celebrated my mom's birthday with dinner at P.F. Chang's (minus Matt since he was working).  The food was good and it was great to see my aunt who was in town from Atlanta.  I have to admit that by the time I got home I was exhausted from keeping up with Connor.  He isn't good about sitting in his high chair when we go out to eat and that's mainly my fault, it just makes going out to dinner very stressful right now.

Other than my quick visit to the More's house and P.F. Changs, I mainly did stuff around the house (cleaning to be exact).  Connor got his first golf lesson at Big Daddy's house and then he was able to cool off by running through the sprinkler. 

He had to wear the hat

As you can see, Connor wanted to do it by himself

I love this picture

He felt like an ice cube when he got done

This past weekend, was go go go (Matt was still working)...Friday night, Connor and I went to Kristy's Scentsy party to smell the new holiday scents.  Then later that night after Matt got home, I was able to go to Houston High School to watch Angelina get her new car.  She couldn't have been more surprised or excited!  (16 seems so long ago, I never realized how stress free life was then)



Saturday morning Connor and I got up bright and early to meet Ashley and Brinkley at the Germantown Festival.  Connor was pretty good, he just gets antsy sitting in the stroller for long periods of time.  Brinkley on the other hand, couldn't have been more content with life that day.  Connor was in awe of all the delicious snacks Ashley had in her bag for the kids.  I think he gave me a dirty look and was thinking "why don't we have this at our house".  Needless to say, the trip was successful...I found the cutest hat for Connor this winter.

I'll have to get a picture of him wearing it, but this was the best I could do right now

Saturday night, we had a couples shower for Chase and Cassie.  (Matt was able to get off in time for this) It was nice to catch up with everyone and eat some Mexican food.  Chase and Cassie received some wonderful gifts and I can't believe the wedding is right around the corner.  The guys had a good time discussing the upcoming bachelor trip to New Orleans and the wives/girlfriends were talking about all the trouble they'll get into.

The Happy Couple
(it was a Mexican themed shower)

Finally on Sunday, I was able to run to the grocery store and clean more of the house.  Connor and I had more quality time together because Matt was doing a swap with Reid, so he was gone most of the day (thankfully that job is done). 

All I can say is, thank goodness it is Friday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment