Monday, July 26, 2010

Can you say MOOOO?!?!?

So this past weekend we took a family trip to the farm so Matt and Mr. Terry could doctor the new beef bull.  It's not new like a newborn, just new to the farm.  Somehow this bull had gotten pink eye in both of his eyes and he looked so pitiful.  All I have to say, is that I'm glad I wasn't the "doctor"!

So far the bull doesn't have a name yet...I'm anxious to see what they pick. (Wrangler, Sea Biscuit, Sea King, and Play Boy are just a few names of past bulls)

While the guys worked on the bull, Connor and I patiently sat in the bed of the truck.  (Did I happen to mention that it was 103 on Saturday???)  Needless to say, Connor's patience doesn't last very long these days.  So we decided to head over to the fence and look at all the other cows who were being nosy.  Usually Connor is riding in the truck when he sees the cows, this was his first experience to be up close and personal.

Look at those blues eyes!

At first he was a little scared and you can't blame the kid.  I squatted down to his level and the cows seemed like dinosaurs at his height!  After a couple of minutes he started to warm up to them.  He ran back and forth looking at ALL of them.  The calves were extra spunky and Connor thought it was the funniest thing watching them play. 

This is when he was watching the calves play



He wanted to get closer to the fence, but I wouldn't let him in the grass since he had shorts on. The chiggers out at the farm are horrible and that is the last thing I needed, a toddler with chiggers.

By the end of our visit, Connor and the cows were speaking the same language!  (You'll need to turn your volume up for this one, I promise you don't want to miss it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment