Monday, May 6, 2013

What A Weekend!!!

Back at the beginning of March (before I had Walker) I asked Matt if he was going to Talladega in May.  He said he wasn't even going to ask to go because Walker wouldn't be very old and he didn't want me to have to be home alone with both kids.  Well I encouraged him to go and told him I'd be fine...24 hours later, he had the trip planned!  (Apparently I had no idea what life was going to be like with two kids!)
Matt left Thursday evening for his "work trip" (that's what we told Connor) and he'd be coming home on Monday evening.  Sure enough Connor woke up Friday morning and said he had a frog in his throat and couldn't go to school.  I knew he was just pulling this stunt because Matt went out of town.
Friday afternoon, school called and said Connor had a fever of 101.9.  Of course someone in the class had strep throat so I made him a doctor's appointment right away.  We went in and the strep test came back positive.  He had to get antibiotics and take it easy.  Off the the pharmacy we went (did I mention that it was raining cats and dogs and about 40 degrees).  By the time we went to the doctor and then to the pharmacy, I was completely soaked from toting two kids around (I'm still not very fast).
Saturday morning I was up early with Walker and Connor came downstairs around 6:30.  As soon as I saw his face, all I could do was stare.  One eye was almost swollen shut and the other eye lid was pretty puffy, plus his whole face was puffy.  I called mom to see if I could drop Walker off so I could take Connor to open clinic.  Sure enough he had a mild allergic reaction to amoxicillin. 
 
After some benadryl and a toy from Target, he was feeling much better!  On Sunday, we went to Angelina's graduation brunch.  I can't believe she is graduating from high school, it really makes me feel so old!
 
Needless to say, I could not wait for Matt to return!

No comments:

Post a Comment