Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend 2011

Even though we had an extra long weekend, we found a way to stay extremely busy!  The weekend started on Friday evening when we decided to go see Chase and Cassie's new house.  They were in the process of moving everything in and I can't wait to see it once it's all decorated!




I told Connor there was a surprise in the backyard...
 
Look what he found!!! Chase and Cassie have 2 new baby goats to help keep the back of the lot clear.  They were so cute, but Connor was not interested in petting them.

On Saturday Matt and Chase hung out while Connor and I ran errands.  We grabbed some breakfast, went to Target, and then went to Gigi's house to try out the new sprinkler!
 
Who doesn't love a sprinkler on a hot day?!

Pure Happiness
 
Then Big Daddy showed him how to spray people...after that the sprinkler was on the move.
On Sunday, Connor and I went to visit Colleen and Meredith at the Irish Feis being held at CBU.  Meredith has been doing Irish dance for about 5 years and she's extremely talented. I knew Connor would have a blast seeing all the pretty girls!!!
Meredith has grown up so much since I saw her last!

Colleen and Connor



Meredith is as tall as me! This picture makes me feel VERY old...

Meredith and Connor had a special bond from the very beginning

And this is how I remember things with Meredith...memories...I used to be her babysitter and now she's almost old enough to babysit Connor

On Sunday evening we went to Gigi's for a cookout...it was definitely hot outside, but the food was delicious!

 
Gigi and Big Daddy got Connor a new swing after he went flying like superman at Easter

Doesn't he look so grown up???

Playing catch with Daddy

Stella, from across the street, came over to play with Connor

He was so sweet and gentle with her (very surprising to me)
And I think it gave Matt a glimpse at life with two kids and I didn't hear much objection.

We had a wonderful weekend and that couldn't have been possible without all the men and women who have given their time and lives to protect this country's freedom, so thank you to those who have served!

No comments:

Post a Comment