Sunday, November 28, 2010

Christmas Decor

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas at the Joneses (at least inside)!  As soon as we finished eating Thanksgiving dinner, my mind starting decorating the house for Christmas.  I don't go all out and decorate the entire house, I mainly stay in the living room area. 

I started dragging the decorations out of the attic late Friday afternoon.  Matt got home from work and then we headed to Chase and Cassie's for a little cookout.  Once we got home we put Connor to bed and then the madness started!

This year we are trying the tree in a new place, the entry way.  Last year I moved furniture to put tree in the corner of the living room, but I wasn't going to do all of that again.  I've made the executive decision that the tree will be here every year from here on out!

I didn't put all of the ornaments on the tree because Connor is still very "helpful" on taking them off the tree!

Love my new tree skirt and it's something fun for Connor.

Once the tree was done, I moved onto the mantle.  I found two cute trees at Hob Lob for the ends of the mantle and it tied it all in quite nicely with the garland.  To finish off the mantle, I hung the stockings!



I'm really looking forward to watching Connor's reaction this year on Christmas morning.  He's really getting into it and enjoys "helping" me! Here are a few other decorations that have been placed throughout the house.

Kitchen Table; please excuse the hot pink beach towel that covers Connor's seat

Entry Table

Connor's buddies

And look who has stopped in to watch Connor's every move and report back to Santa! I'm happy to introduce you to Buddy the Elf (original I know). 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment