Sunday, May 17, 2009

A Weekend Full of Firsts!

Well this weekend has been full of firsts for Connor! We started the weekend off Friday night with with a new item on the menu, rice cereal!!! Connor seems to be so hungry even after he has had about 35-40 oz of formula a day. So I decided that it was time to add a little substance to his belly. Colleen warned me that the transition was going to take some getting used to (she also said to expect gagging). Thank God she warned me otherwise I would have thought he was choking and probably called 911, then I would have felt like an idiot! Anyways, back to the food...he only took a couple of bites, because he mainly wanted the bottle.

Later that night we decided that it was time to have Connor sleep in his own room. So I got everything ready for the big switch. The monitor was setup, the wave machine was on, and the night light was plugged in. Like every other night, Connor had no problem going to sleep. I layed him in his crib and he was out! However, the night didn't go so smoothly for me. I think I got up at least 3 times to go upstairs and make sure that he was still breathing. It was Matt's morning and he said that when he went to feed him, his leg was hanging out the front of the crib. He is such a wiggle worm, he'll probably be that kid in school who gets his card pulled because he can't sit still!

Saturday we ran errands as a family. Matt promised to get Connor a Johnny Jumper when he was old enough (according to the box), well since he turns 4 months this week it was time to go to Babies R Us. I have to say that Matt was right on waiting, he is still a little too small to enjoy it. Oh well, at least we have it for later! Saturday night, Matt and I went out to eat with Chase and Cassie. Granny Lonnie watched Connor and I have no idea what she did, but Connor slept until 7 am!!! (You have no idea what 2 extra hours of sleep means to us these days)

Today, Matt went to the farm while Connor and I got a late start. It was the first nice weekend Memphis has had in about a month (that's because it's Memphis in May and it always rains for all the events). Connor had more rice cereal for breakfast and then we went to the Avenue (an outdoor mall) for some shopping. Connor has loved shopping since he was a month old, actually I think it is more the stroller ride that he loves.

Here's Connor in his big boy highchair, doesn't he just look so BIG?!?!?





No comments:

Post a Comment